Saturday was pretty awesome, it was good to be out training with the guys again and great that Luke and Scott made their respective treks to be there. I feel pretty good doing parkour at the moment, my mental outlook is the best it's been for a long time which is letting me do a lot of new things (just don't mention stuff with the possibility of hitting your undercarriage as it were!). I actually feel pretty strong moving which is surprising considering. Also, for whatever reason, I now land far quieter than I used to which is nice because I used to do some sloppy, noisy landings. Symmetric muscle ups have gone but I'm not too surprised about that, they'll be back with some hard conditioning I'd expect. Quick special mention to Jamie who seems to be discovering the mental strength to unlock his frankly huge potential, it's great to watch.
Speaking of mental state, I've recently taken up meditation which is proving excellent for my mindset and the strength of my focus. And on a spiritual note, I've been reading a lot of Buddhist ideas, I'm not about to go converting but they're interesting food for thought. Healthy mind makes for healthy body.
Tonight was waterpolo fitness, I stayed back to do Hungarian Reps after everyone else had gone. I got to 5 widths and back without any problems in a decent time, didn't have time for any more. The good thing about starting from such a low-point of fitness is the initial gains are massive. 6 or 7 and back next-time! Considering one of our coaches Jack once tried to make us do to 10 lengths and back (2.5km)... !
Lots of interesting stuff going on in Leeds at the moment on the parkour front, I'm involved in two different projects to establish training areas in the city, it's fantastic to see people who see parkour for what it is, a great way to engage young people in positive and healthy activity. I'd certainly hope this means we can expand and formalise our teaching efforts and spread true parkour across our region. Good stuff!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment