A week of ups and downs. Fact is, I'm still not a healthy man and I'm still not healed. I went running on tuesday, managed a very good time for my circuit (around 20% off my first run after the injury), unfortunately I encountered some discomfort and my urine was periodically red-tinged. Stuff like this just scares the hell out of you when you've been through what I have. But all seems fine again now, I'm just going to leave the running for a bit longer. I played my first waterpolo match of the season against Lymm on thursday, BGS scored an 11-8 victory, good for a largely inexperienced team against fairly good opposition. I managed to get a goal for myself even, which when you play fullback is easier said than done. My fitness was predictably poor but I played until I could literally swim no more before being subbed, I played around 3 quarters worth of the match in two blocks. It was a very good way to start of my captaincy. We had a great session of waterpolo training on friday night too with us playing a 4v5 full pool match which was a brutal test of fitness. With tuesday evenings being fitness night at waterpolo I'm hoping it won't be too long before I get a reasonable level back again.
Today I had to get up at 5am (replacement bus services SUCK) and go to Leeds early for my driving theory test. I passed that and then crossed the road and hit the Art Gallery. For an hour, I trained on my own and had a good time, initially everything was alien and terrifying but everything came back pretty fast and I even managed to get some new movements going. I'm not trying anything "big" or too dependant on strength at the moment but it's encouraging that I haven't lost as much as I could have done in terms of ability. We had some fantastic and enthusiastic younger kids along with us today and I enjoyed teaching them and passing on some advice. Whilst I'm not physically 100% I'm trying to put more effort into helping others to compensate, I did have a few successes today with getting others to try new things or fulfil their potential so I was very pleased to see that. I tire very easily and towards the end of the day I had a bit of discomfort from the injury but it's truly just fantastic to be back, even if I did get a little miserable towards the end (sorry guys!). Oh and I bought a new Nike Pro Vent Long Sleeve to keep warm now it's getting cold.
Tomorrow if I get time and the weather goes my way I'll be out on the moors again like last weekend. Then I'm going to spend some time with my 3 week-old Nephew Elliot in the evening. I'm getting there.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nike Pro Vent for keeping warm ey? Sounds Irish.
Post a Comment